Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mistake in Bas

Mistake in Bas 12 years 4 days ago #357

• redroses
Help, I have just discovered that in the last Bas Quarter (oct,nov,dec) that i only claimed fuel credits for the month of december.
I have no idea how i did it, very silly mistake on my behalf.
I need to know if I can claim the Oct and Nov Fuel Credits or if I just have to forget as it was my mistake.

If I can how do I go about fixing.

Kind Regards

Anne
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mistake in Bas 12 years 4 days ago #358

• steph
Hi Anne, the ATO are a lot more understanding than you might think - there is no problem correcting your mistake!

As long as the net amount of the correction is less than $5000, then you can simply add it to your next BAS. If it is more, then you have to contact the ATO to do an adjustment to the BAS in which the error occurred. If you are using paper forms they can send you out an adjustment form to use, or if you are lodging online just follow the prompts to make an adjustment.

There is an ATO fact sheet that explains in detail how adjustments and mistakes are handled: Fuel tax credits – making adjustments and correcting mistakes

The ATO also have a fuel tax calculator which can help you calculate your Fuel Tax credits. The great thing about this calculator is it also helps you work out any adjustments - just follow the prompts and when it asks "do you wish to correct a mistake" say "Yes". The following prompt - Do you wish to Claim EGCS answer "No", then fill in the number of litres etc. It will then guide you through how to complete your BAS.

Try the calculator here: Fuel Tax Credit Calculator

Hope this helps!
Stephanie Lee
Imprest Business Services
www.imprest.net.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Imprest.Bookkeep
"Professional bookkeeping and administration Services"

Re:Mistake in Bas 12 years 4 days ago #359

• redroses
Thank you Stephanie,

you have put my mind at rest I thought I was in trouble

Kind Regards

Anne
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds